Shares of General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) fell -0.83% to reach at $59.76 during previous trading session. The company has experienced volume of 5,357,865 shares while on average the company has a capacity of trading 3.07M share.
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) on March 21, 2017 reported results for the third quarter ended February 26, 2017.
Third Quarter Results Summary:
- Reported net sales declined 5 percent to $3.79 billion. Organic net sales also declined 5 percent, primarily reflecting volume reductions in the North America Retail segment partially offset by benefits from positive net price realization and mix.
- Gross margin increased 60 basis points to 34.5 percent of net sales, reflecting benefits from cost-savings initiatives and favorable mark-to-market effects. Adjusted gross margin, which excludes certain items affecting comparability, increased 20 basis points to 35.0 percent, driven by cost-savings efforts more than offsetting the impact of volume deleverage and modest input cost inflation.
- Operating profit totaled $542 million, down 7 percent from year-ago levels due to higher restructuring charges related to the recent global reorganization. Operating profit margin of 14.3 percent was down 30 basis points. Adjusted operating profit margin increased 100 basis points to 16.9 percent, reflecting higher gross margins, lower administrative expense, and an 8 percent reduction in media and advertising expense.
- Total segment operating profit of $662 million was down 2 percent in constant currency.
- Net earnings attributable to General Mills totaled $358 million. Diluted EPS of $0.61 increased 3 percent, driven by a lower tax rate and 3 percent fewer average diluted shares outstanding.
- Adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes certain items affecting comparability of results, totaled $0.72 in the third quarter, up 11 percent from the prior year. Constant-currency adjusted diluted EPS increased 8 percent.
Nine Month Results Summary:
- Reported net sales declined 7 percent to $11.81 billion and organic net sales declined 5 percent.
- Gross margin increased 70 basis points to 35.9 percent of net sales. Adjusted gross margin increased 40 basis points to 36.4 percent.
- Operating profit totaled $1.96 billion, down 10 percent from the prior year. Operating profit margin of 16.6 percent was down 60 basis points. Adjusted operating profit margin increased 110 basis points to 18.6 percent.
- Total segment operating profit of $2.28 billion was down 2 percent in constant currency.
- Net earnings attributable to General Mills totaled $1.25 billion. Diluted EPS were $2.08, down 3 percent from a year ago.
- Adjusted diluted EPS increased 4 percent to $2.35. Constant-currency adjusted diluted EPS were also up 4 percent.
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) holds the market capitalization of $34.37B along with 576.10M outstanding shares. During the last trade, stock’s minimum price has been reached out at $59.51 while the maximum trading price moved at $60.75. Currently the stock price is moving -16.76% off from the highest level of twelve months and +2.13% above from twelve months low. General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) marked 52-week highest price level of $71.66 on 07/06/16 and 52-week lowest price level of $58.41 on 02/17/17. For the stock, price target value has been calculated at $62.27 based on calls of 15 experts. Stock’s minimum price target estimates has been figured out at $48.00 while the maximum price target forecast is established at $75.00.
As of current trade, General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) has shown weekly downbeat performance of -1.16%. Its six months performance indicated a bearish movement while its yearly performance reflected a positive trend of 0.38%. Year-to-date (YTD) performance of the stock illustrate downbeat trend of -2.50%. Shares of General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) currently have an ABR of 2.83, derived from a total of 12opinions. The company’s price sits -2.84% below from its 50-day moving average of $61.18 and -6.77% below from the stock’s 200-day moving average of $62.24. The company has Relative Strength Index (RSI 14) of 39.57 along with Average True Range (ATR 14) of 0.87. Its weekly and monthly volatility is 1.34%, 1.20% respectively. The company’s beta value is at 0.57.
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) currently has a PEG ratio of 3.51 where as its P/E ratio is 22.24. The company’s price to sales ratio for trailing twelve months is 2.17 and price to book ratio for most recent quarter is 8.42, whereas price to cash per share for the most recent quarter is 42.81. General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS)’s price to free cash flow for trailing twelve months is 58.65. Its quick ratio for most recent quarter is 0.40 along with current ratio for most recent quarter of 0.70. Total debt to equity ratio of the company for most recent quarter is 2.27 whereas long term debt to equity ratio for most recent quarter is 1.56. General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) has a Return on Assets of 7.50%. The company currently has a Return on Equity of 34.50% and Return on Investment of 14.60%.