Shares of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) jumped 1.88% to reach at $74.30 during the course of session. The company has experienced volume of 26.85M shares while on average the company has a capacity of trading 6.95M shares.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) on August 18, 2016 reported Q2 FY17 EPS of $1.21, adjusted EPS1 of $1.07, Raises full-year adjusted EPS1 guidance range to $4.15 to $4.35.
- Diluted EPS was $1.21. Currency negatively impacted EPS by approximately $0.03.
- Adjusted EPS1 of $1.07 excludes a non-cash gain of $0.14, net of tax, from the sale of Yihaodian in China.
- Total revenue was $120.9 billion, an increase of 0.5%. On a constant currency basis1, total revenue was $123.6 billion, an increase of 2.8%.
- Walmart U.S. delivered positive comp sales for the eighth consecutive quarter, up 1.6%, driven by the seventh consecutive quarter of positive traffic, up 1.2%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 6.5%.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $28.6 billion. Excluding currency1 impacts, net sales were $31.3 billion, an increase of 2.2%.
- Globally, on a constant currency basis, e-commerce sales and GMV increased 11.8% and 13.0%, respectively, representing an acceleration from the first quarter.
- Consolidated operating income increased 1.6%, including a gain of $535 million from the sale of Yihaodian. Excluding this gain, consolidated operating income declined 7.2%. As expected, investments in people and technology, as well as currency exchange rate fluctuations negatively impacted results.
- Year to date operating cash flow was $14.9 billion and free cash flow1 was $10.3 billion, both approximately $5.0 billion higher than last year primarily due to improved working capital management, including significant inventory improvement, and timing of payments.
- The company now estimates fiscal year 2017 adjusted EPS of $4.15 to $4.35, or GAAP EPS of $4.29 to $4.49, both of which include an estimated dilutive impact to EPS of approximately $0.05, primarily in the fourth quarter, as a result of expected operating losses and one-time transaction expenses related to the planned acquisition of Jet.com. The adjusted EPS guidance excludes the non-cash gain of $0.14, net of tax, from the sale of Yihaodian.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) holds the market capitalization of $231.69B along with 3.12B outstanding shares. During the last trade, stock’s minimum price has been reached out at $73.87 while the maximum trading price moved at $75.19. For the stock, price target value has been calculated at $71.24 based on calls of 24 experts. Stock’s minimum price target estimates has been figured out at $51.00 while the maximum price target forecast is established at $86.00. Currently the stock price is moving -0.67% off from the highest level of twelve months and +35.97% above from twelve months low. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) marked 52 week highest price level of $75.19 on 08/18/16 and 52 week lowest price level of $56.30 on 11/13/15.
As of current trade, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) has shown weekly upbeat performance of 0.68%. Its six months performance indicated a bullish movement while its yearly performance reflected a positive trend of 11.64%. Year-to-date (YTD) performance of the stock illustrate upbeat trend of 23.84%. Shares of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) currently have an ABR of 2.76, derived from a total of 17 opinions. The company’s price sits 2.66% above from its 50-day moving average of $73.51 and 12.73% above from the stock’s 200-day moving average of $69.68. The company has Relative Strength Index (RSI 14) of 62.75 along with Average True Range (ATR 14) of 0.93. Its weekly and monthly volatility is 1.59%, 1.22% respectively. The company’s beta value is at 0.22.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) currently has a PEG ratio of 6.78 where as its P/E ratio is 16.44. The company’s price to sales ratio for trailing twelve months is 0.48 and price to book ratio for most recent quarter is 3.11, whereas price to cash per share for the most recent quarter is 30.44. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT)’s price to free cash flow for trailing twelve months is 20.35. Its quick ratio for most recent quarter is 0.20 along with current ratio for most recent quarter of 0.80. Total debt to equity ratio of the company for most recent quarter is 0.67 whereas long term debt to equity ratio for most recent quarter is 0.58. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) has a Return on Assets of 7.20%. The company currently has a Return on Equity of 18.40% and Return on Investment of 13.40%.