Shares of AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) fell -3.11% to reach at $25.51 during the course of session. The company has experienced volume of 2.59M shares while on average the company has a capacity of trading 762,966 shares.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) on August 09, 2016 reported unaudited consolidated financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2016. Total product and service revenues for the second quarter of 2016 increased approximately 50% to $127.4 million. This increase was driven by record sales of Makena and Feraheme and the addition of Cord Blood Registry® (CBR) to the company’s product portfolio in August of 2015. The company reported second quarter 2016 operating income of $18.1 million and a net loss of $0.6 million. Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter of 2016 increased 24% to $64.6 million1 versus the same period in 2015. After deducting cash interest expense from adjusted EBITDA, the company generated second quarter 2016 non-GAAP net income of $50.3 million.
Second Quarter 2016 and Recent Business Highlights
- Delivered record net product and service revenues of $127.4 million in the second quarter of 2016, compared with $84.7 million in the same period last year. This increase of approximately 50% was driven by record sales of both Makena and Feraheme and the addition of CBR.
- Achieved record Makena sales of $78.4 million in the second quarter of 2016, compared with $63.6 million in the same period last year. This 23% growth in sales was driven exclusively by an increase in volume. This growth resulted in Makena market share of 37%, four percentage points over the first quarter of 2016.
- Generated a record $24.3 million of Feraheme sales in the second quarter of 2016, or 18% growth over the same period last year, the majority of which was driven by volume.
- Increased non-GAAP CBR revenue by 5%1 over the first quarter of 2016 due to improved net revenue per new customer. In addition, new customer volume has stabilized on a sequential quarter basis.
- Received approval from the FDA in July 2016 of an additional source of supply for the single-dose, preservative-free formulation of Makena.
- Completed pilot PK studies for the Makena subcutaneous auto-injector and plans to conduct a pain study designed to establish clinical superiority over the current intramuscular injection concurrently with the definitive PK study.
- Exceeded forecasted patient enrollment to date in the company’s head-to-head, Phase 3 clinical trial evaluating Feraheme in adults with iron deficiency anemia (IDA). This study, which is now approximately 25% enrolled, is intended to support an sNDA filing to broaden the use of Feraheme beyond the current chronic kidney disease (CKD) indication to include all adult IDA patients who have failed or cannot tolerate oral iron treatment. The company anticipates filing an sNDA to broaden the Feraheme label in 2017.
- Generated an increase in cash, cash equivalents and investments of $80.1 million in the first half of 2016 to $546.5 million, net of $20.0 million utilized to repurchase the company’s common stock and $8.8 million to repay debt.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) holds the market capitalization of $838.48B along with 34.58M outstanding shares. The stock traded in the price range of $25.10 – $29.59 for the last trading session. For the stock, price target value has been calculated at $4 based on calls of 7 experts. Stock’s minimum price target estimates has been figured out at $27.00 while the maximum price target forecast is established at $58.00.
As of current trade, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) has shown weekly downbeat performance of -2.78%. Its six months performance indicated a bullish movement while its yearly performance reflected a negative trend of -61.16%. Year-to-date (YTD) performance of the stock illustrate downbeat trend of -15.50%. Shares of AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) currently have an ABR of 2.00, derived from a total of 8 opinions. The company’s price sits 4.55% above from its 50-day moving average of $25.42 and 0.55% above from the stock’s 200-day moving average of $23.73. The company has Relative Strength Index (RSI 14) of 49.55 along with Average True Range (ATR 14) of 1.29. Its weekly and monthly volatility is 6.68%, 4.50% respectively. The company’s beta value is at 0.51.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG)’s price to sales ratio for trailing twelve months is 2.02 and price to book ratio for most recent quarter is 0.96, whereas price to cash per share for the most recent quarter is 1.85. AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG)’s price to free cash flow for trailing twelve months is 9.71. Its quick ratio for most recent quarter is 2.30 along with current ratio for most recent quarter of 2.50. Total debt to equity ratio of the company for most recent quarter is 1.07 whereas long term debt to equity ratio for most recent quarter is 1.05. AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) has a Return on Assets of 0.50%. The company currently has a Return on Equity of 1.40% and Return on Investment of 79.20%.